Friday, November 9, 2012

Once In Awhile Life Throws Us A Curve Ball!

It has been awhile since I've had the opportunity to update, so I figured this is as good as anytime...The last couple of months have been rough.  I left TMC because when I started back, there was so much that I was unable to remember, that they weren't willing to make the necessary changes for me to work there.  I was offered a job to become a manager for the Oy Vey Cafe on the University of Arizona Campus.  This has been one of the most awesome jobs ever.  Not only because of the people I work with, but the family atmosphere of the people that work at the Hillel Foundation.  What a truly amazing group of people.  Asher, who owns the 5th Street Deli, also owns the Oy Vey Cafe and the Cafe at the J.  He is a great person to work with.  There is a lot to learn from him, and I still feel as if I am just touching the tip of the iceberg. 

I've also started getting back into photography a lot more, and truly enjoy capturing "that moment".  I don't know what it is....Sometimes it is a look, a smile, a glance, or just a simple body position that is only for a second, and when you get it, you've captured something so real.  I had the opportunity to photograph the Go Red for Women Luncheon and the Birdies and Butterflies Gala with one of my best friends Sherri.  Both amazing events. 

Then near the end of August, I started having seizures.  We had no clue what was causing them, where they were coming from, how to control them etc.  We were truly freaking out everyday, because we really didn't know when they would hit.  I ended up in the hospital, and we found out that my seizures are caused by me not knowing how to deal with stress.  Most people get mad, angry, argue, etc, my body puts all that negative energy into really severe seizures.  Now some people have said, oh your just crazy.  When you look at it statistically, 64% of people who undergo epilepsy studies don't have epilepsy, they have the condition I have.  So now, not only do I have to worry about what happens with my heart rate and blood pressure, I get to worry about getting mad. 

With this, I have backed off of working with lots of non-profits that I loved to, and am trying to take time for myself at this point.  I've gone long enough burning my candles at both ends, and now I'm paying for it.  The main focus right now for me is the Tucson Festival of Hearts.  I'm not sure how to voice my thoughts.  I can't wait for next year, however, it seems that I am doing something wrong.  I'm not sure.  I've done huge fundraising events, I'm good at it, and yet, I feel as if I'm waiting for a foot to fall or something.  I'm not sure why.  I pray that God gives me insight into this, because at the bottom of it all, it is me and Vanessa wanting to bring organizations together for the Tucson community and help people.  We want to help those who might not be able to get the information or don't know how to get the information anywhere else, and we have support from larger organizations to do this.  I've been praying about this. 

So as for now, life is an amazing journey.  One step at a time, and touch one heart at a time.  We as humans have that ability to brighten someones day no matter how small the act of kindness....Always smile, offer a kind word, help someone out....Little everyday things can truly change one life at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment